Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Wonderful Pigs of Jillian Jiggs


Jillian Jiggs, by Phoebe Gilman, was one of my favorite picture book characters growing up.  She is spunky, creative, and just a touch messy.  In The Wonderful Pigs of Jillian Jiggs, she sews a bunch of stuffed pigs to sell, but then falls in love with them and doesn't want to sell them.  Instead, she teaches her friends how to make their own pigs.  Then, she teaches you as well.  I have fond memories of sitting on the floor of my basement, surrounded by stuffing and buttons, making my own pig.  This week, I decided to introduce my kids to Jillian, and they made a few pigs of their own.










If you are not familiar with the Jillian Jiggs books, I highly recommend that you check your library!

Linking:

In Lieu of Preschool

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of those books--will have to check them out. I have the new link party up if you'd like to join again!
    --Gena
    Http://ichoosejoy.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen,
    Could you send me an email when you get a chance. Gena at ichoosejoy dot org
    I want to ask you a question, but couldn't find your email address.

    Have a great weekend,
    Gena

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover