Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Squishy Tushy!

Well, we've been at the cloth diapers for 2 months now, so I figured it was time for the review.

I never realized what a world of its own cloth diapering was. More acronyms to learn that I could have imagined- AIO, OS, CD, BG, FB, yadda yadda! Thanks to my CDing friends, my WTE message board buddies and the friendly people at Jillian's Drawers (with their awesome $10 cloth diaper trial), I have got it down now! I went with BumGenius All-in-Ones, size medium for Violet. I just ordered a few FuzziBunz in Petite Toddler size for Matias- hopefully they will fit Violet by the time she outgrows her BumGeniuses as well. I will give an update on CDing a toddler in the days to come (wish me luck!)

I love them. No blow-outs so far, and no diaper rash. Washing them is not hard, and sort of theraputic- a mindless yet gratifying task. Everyone who has tried them says they are as easy as disposables. And better yet- we are saving money, and only putting out about 2 trashbags a week, including our house waste and diaper waste. Now if we can just get Matias out of diapers, we'll really reduce that waste!

Here's a shot of my little squishy tushy in her BumGenius finest-her face says it all:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover