Friday, October 5, 2012

Pumpkin Patch Brownies

Happy October!



Everyone has those "it's not ____ until we've had ____" treats.  For me, it is not Fall until we've had Pumpkin Patch brownies.  I always wait eagerly for the candy pumpkins to show up in stores.  Yes, I love them so much that I craved them in July while pregnant with my son.  My husband managed to find candy corn, which was a close second and much appreciated, but there is nothing quite like the pumpkins.

My mom makes these frosted brownies topped with pumpkins and they are terrific.  My sister is an October 31st baby, so we always have reason to celebrate Halloween.  I won't go into details on how to make them- I'm sure you can figure that out from the picture.  I am a big fan of the chocolate icing recipe on the side of the Hershey's cocoa box. Enjoy!


 
Catch a Glimpse Button





2 comments:

  1. These are adorable with the icing decoration! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever way to use those candy corn pumpkins! What a fun treat!!


    Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a great week and I look forward to seeing you linked up again on Friday,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover