Thursday, November 18, 2010

Yarn Along

Joining Ginny at Small Things...



This week I have devoured Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids by Kim John Payne.  Sometimes you read a book that challenges you...your thoughts, your philosophy, your status quo.  This is not that book for me.  It is as if the author took my parenting philosophy and put it into words far more eloquent than I could have chosen.  A very validating read...I'm sure this book is not a stranger to many of you.

My big-head hat is coming along.  I really should learn to knit a top-down hat so the fit would not be such a mystery!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good book. I've never heard of it. I try to stay away from parenting books and rely on my instincts, but every now and then there's a good one, so I might check this one out. =)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover