Monday, January 14, 2013

La La Laundry


If you've read my post about The Laundry Game, you may have inferred that laundry is not my favorite chore.  At all.  Not even close.  I have been patiently waiting for my children to get old enough to start helping out with this task...and I think we're finally there!

Here is how we do laundry at the Handley house.

1) Drag out all the dirty laundry and dump it in a pile in the family room.  Matias, Violet and I sort it into lights, darks, whites and reds. Totally educational, no?

2) I spend the entire day shuffling loads between the washer and dryer, praying nobody wets the bed at naptime or vomits (because obviously, these things trump the usual loads and throw off the whole laundry equation). Besides- who doesn't pray that nobody wets the bed or vomits every day?!

3) The clean laundry is once again dumped on the [hopefully] cleanish family room floor, and a laundry basket is set out for each family member, plus one for towels, bibs and dishcloths.

4) Matias and Violet sort the laundry into each person's basket while listening to awesome, rocking music, dancing around, and stepping all over the [formerly] clean laundry. And I'm not talking Raffi music...this requires full on dance music (so call me, maybe?!)

5) I get to fold one basket at a time and put away each person's laundry.  This makes is WAY harder for Beatrice to undo my work...if I were to have piles of laundry for each person out at the same time she would have a field day! Full disclosure- my super awesome husband usually takes pity and helps fold and put away the clothes.  He must love me...because I am pretty sure he doesn't love laundry either!

6) Bedtime comes, we all change out of our clothes and voila...more laundry.  Always more laundry.  But hey, at least I don't have to pay with quarters anymore!  And we have clothes...so for that I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover