Thursday, May 31, 2012

Busy Bag Swap


I just had the pleasure of hosting a Busy Bag Swap- where everyone made 20 copies of  a preschool activity, and then we had a little party, swapped bags, and each went home with 20 activities for our kiddos. I thought you might like to see how I organized it.  Feel free to copy anything below, swap out dates and specifications and make it your own!

Here is how it works:

1) E-mail me by Saturday, June 2nd if you would like to participate in the swap.  I will send out a mass e-mail to everyone with the number of bags we will be making.  If you want to make multiple activities (and go home with two (or more) sets of bags that is fine- but be sure to let us know so we can make the correct number of bags.

2) Peruse my Busy Bag Pinterest Board, the Internet, your own brain...and decide which activity you will make.  Each bag should be the same, geared for a 2-5 year old, and should cost no more than $3 per bag to make.  E-mail the whole group with the activity you have chosen (provide a link or description so we can avoid duplicates).

3) Make the specified number of activity bags.  Put each activity into a gallon sized Ziploc slider bag (the zip top bags will not hold a piece of paper, the slider bags do, and are much easier for kids to open).  Include an 8 1/2" by 11" sheet of paper with the name of the activity and basic instructions.  Believe me on this one- the paper will help hold the bag up and make them much easier to store and use.  Humor my OCD tendencies here- the host I learned this from knew what she was talking about!

4) The swap will take place at my house.  If you cannot make the swap, just get your bags to me before the swap and pick up your swapped bags after the swap.  Bring: your Busy Bags in a bag, an empty laundry basket, a snack or drink to share.

5) If you are willing to make an extra bag, we are going to pass along a set of busy bags to a family with two little boys who are going through a hard time.

Please pass this along to anyone that you think may be interested.  We can have up to 20 participants- first come, first served.  I hope this will be a lot of fun and give all of us some great activities to pull out for our little ones.  Please let me know if I have forgotten any important information, or if you have ideas to improve the swap!

Looking forward to it,
Helen


For the Kids Friday

1 comment:

  1. Great post!! I would love for you to visit me at My Dream Canvas.Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover